" John is one of the most passionate coaches in the sport of wrestling. His desire to be great was evident as a young person when he chose to walk-on and wrestle for legendary coach University of Iowa coach Dan Gable."
- Tom Ryan, Head Coach, Wresting,[ MORE TESTIMONIALS ]
Ohio State Buckeyes
Tournaments - Journeymen/MyHouse World Classic
2019 Journeymen/MyHouse World Classic
EVENT PHILOSOPHY: The World comes to us! That’s what is being created. Hot off our Journeymen Fall Classic, one of the preeminent pre-season tournaments in the USA, we’ve created a spring freestyle version for the wrestling community. The event that everyone wants to see! The best of the best from across the world, squaring off in a round-robin format. We expect competitors from all across the United States of America and several traditional wrestling countries to participate.
Best of the Best: This is a true battleground for wrestlers across the country and the world for that matter. Six-, eight or 12-man round-robin brackets with all decorated and accomplished opponents (three to four matches for each wrestler). World, National, State or New England place finishers, followed by state qualifiers, get preference.
Not a world beater, but like freestyle? Don’t worry, we pair competitors with like skill levels.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE? If you’d like to participate in this event, please reach out to Journeymen Wrestling to research availability by emailing Frank@journeymenwrestling.com. This is a small, ultra-competitive event and it will fill up quickly.
• Cadet/Junior ages combined in the same brackets. 18 years old and younger allowed to participate (Must be in high school, minus international students). • Athletes cannot wear high school singlets at the competition
• USA Wrestling card required WEIGHTS: Cadet / Junior Division: 100 lbs (45.5 kg), 106 lbs (48.2 kg), 113 lbs (51.4 kg), 120 lbs (54.5 kg), 126 lbs (57.3 kg), 132 lb (60 kg), 138 lbs (62.7 kg), 145 lbs (65.9 kg), 152 lbs (69.1 kg), 160 lbs (72.7 kg), 170 lbs (77.2 kg), 182 lbs (82.7 kg), 195 lbs (88.6 kg), 220 lbs (100 kg) and 285 lbs (129.5 kg)
Middle School Division: 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 128, 136
REGISTRATION & ENTRY FEE:
• All entry forms must be completed online and meet April 10, 2019 deadline or be inputted before the event is sold out.
• Once you’ve received a written pre-approval and a four-digit code from Journeymen Wrestling to wrestle in the event, you’ll be directed to register online via www.journeymenwrestling.com. Once you’ve been approved, you have 24 hours to finish the registration (register and pay), otherwise the process starts over. Please reach out only when you’re ready to actually enroll.
• Registration is $65 (+ paypal fee)
• THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ONCE YOU REGISTER
• Spectator Fee: $15 (good for April 13 only), Duals $10 (April 14 only)
• Coach’s Pass/Fee: $25 (good for April 13)
Weigh ins: Fri. evening, April 12, 2019
• 6:00-7:30 pm, Union College, Schenectady NY (Ice Rink). You will be assigned a specific weigh-in time between 6:30-8:00 pm. It is imperative you honor your assigned time.
Wrestling: Begins Sat., April 13 at 9:15 a.m. on 10 mats APRIL 13 & 14, 2019
• UNION COLLEGE – ACHILLES RINK • SCHENECTADY, NY LIVE ON FLO
Awards: Event shirts by Forever Fierce are given to each participant medals to the second and third place finishers. Singlet given to the winner, compliments of MyHOUSE. Hammer awards given to the winners of the first bracket in each HS weight weight class.
USA vs. THE WORLD DUALS • SUNDAY, APRIL 14, 2019
PHILOSOPHY: State teams from around the USA will compete against one another, as well as international teams in a dual championship. Ideally 12 - 16 teams will be positioned in a modified round robin bracketing format, producing 4 to 5 matches.
Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Estimated)
LOCATION: Union College (Messa Rink) Schenectady NY.
PREREQUISITE: It is required and understood that competitors participating with teams in the dual portion will also participate in the individual segment held on April 13. The weigh ins from the individual portion carries over to the duals.
WEIGHTS: 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 185, 220 & 285
ENTRY FEE: $500 per team (this fee is separate and distinct from the entry fee required with the individual tournament $65 per individual) . Check should be mailed to: Journeymen Wrestling, 753 Tanner Rd., Clifton Park, NY 12065.
Journeymen Freestyle Classic
Oklahoma State and John Smith at Journeymen read more