" John is one of the most passionate coaches in the sport of wrestling. His desire to be great was evident as a young person when he chose to walk-on and wrestle for legendary coach University of Iowa coach Dan Gable."
- Tom Ryan, Head Coach, Wresting,[ MORE TESTIMONIALS ]
Ohio State Buckeyes
Tournaments - Journeymen World Classic and Duals
EVENT PHILOSOPHY: Imagine FARGO + the World! That’s what is being created. Hot off our Journeymen Fall Classic, one of the preeminent pre-season tournaments in the USA, we’ve created a spring freestyle version for the wrestling community. The event that everyone wants to see! The best of the best from across the world, squaring off in a round-robin format. We expect competitors from 35-plus states and several traditional wrestling countries to participate.
Best of the Best: This is a true battleground for wrestlers across the country and the world for that matter. Four-, six-, eight or 12-man round-robin brackets with all decorated and accomplished opponents (three to four matches for each wrestler). World, National, State or New England place finishers, followed by state qualifiers, get preference.
PLEASE DO NOT email or call asking for a particular tier or round-robin bracket. It doesn’t work that way.
A coaches’ committee from around the country ranks the wrestlers, which determines the grouping.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?: If you’d like to participate in this event, please reach out to Journeymen Wrestling to research availability by emailing Frank@journeymenwrestling.com. This is a small, ultracompetitive event and it will fill up quickly.
TENTATIVE WEIGHTS: 100 lbs (45.5 kg), 106 lbs (48.2 kg), 113 lbs (51.4 kg), 120 lbs (54.5 kg), 126 lbs (57.3 kg), 132 lb (60 kg), 138 lbs (62.7 kg), 145 lbs (65.9 kg), 152 lbs (69.1 kg), 160 lbs (72.7 kg), 170 lbs (77.2 kg), 182 lbs (82.7 kg), 195 lbs (88.6 kg), 220 lbs (100 kg) and 285 lbs (129.5 kg)
If certain weights do not get completely filled, we will match athletes up that are closest in weight (within reason). Once you’ve been accepted at a particular weight, you are expected to compete at that weight since these are all predetermined brackets. Therefore, select the appropriate weight from the start!
REGISTRATION & ENTRY FEE:
• All entry forms must be completed online and meet April 20, 2017 deadline or be inputted before the event is sold out.
• Once you’ve received a written pre-approval and a four-digit code from Journeymen Wrestling to wrestle in the event, you’ll be directed to register online via www.journeymenwrestling.com. Once you’ve been approved, you have 24 hours to finish the registration (register and pay), otherwise the process starts over. Please reach out only when you’re ready to actually enroll.
• Registration is $65 ($63 + paypal fee)
• THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ONCE YOU REGISTER
• Spectator Fee: $15 (good for April 22 only)
• Coach’s Pass/Fee: $25 (good for April 22 only)
Journeymen Freestyle Classic
Oklahoma State and John Smith at Journeymen read more